Saturday, July 12, 2008
Just when we thought the worst was over...
Last night was awful. At about 2:00 in the morning, Charity came in our room, and woke us up just with her breathing. She was struggling so much for breath, it was really scary. Hyrum tested her heart rate and some things like that while I held her and tried to get her to eat a popsicle. She just kept getting worse and really scaring us. She sounded like she wouldn't be able to breath anymore any minute. So Hyrum put her in the car and ran her back up to the hospital, again, which was 35 minutes away. She was being so sweet, cuddling with me, and when she left, I said goodbye and she said "I love you mommy." without any prompting. As soon as she was gone I just broke down. When she hurt her eye I was somewhat okay just because I knew it wasn't fatal. But I was so scared that she would stop breathing before they got to the hospital, and I just couldn't imagine losing her. It was probably somewhat dramatic thinking, but at 2:00 in the morning when your child is struggling for breath, it's easy to think that way. Hyrum made it to the hospital fine despite my worrying, they had her breathing some cool mist to help, and gave her steroids to decrease the swelling in her throat. We think the tube from the anesthesia just irritated her throat so much, that it kept swelling, so with the steroids, everything got better and she started breathing normally again. She slept in this morning and is doing fantastic today. We are so grateful for everyones prayers and that Charity is finally on her way to getting all better. And this has really made me realize how extremely precious my children are to me, and I need to really show them that and always be patient and loving to them. So hopefully that is the end of the drama for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my, Bethany. What you've gone through in the last couple of days is so scary....I know I would be frazzled, to say the least. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so much better today.
Holy Moley! I'm so sorry; that must have been so terrifying! I'm so glad that she is doing better now.
Yikes! Poor thing, this just isn't her week. I'm so impressed at how well she seems to be handling it. I'm glad she's doing better now.
Wow, Bethany -- what a scary few days! I jumped over here from the Boden's blog -- looks like you're doing well in general, but I'm so sorry about Charity! I hope all goes well with the recovery.
poor baby girl! i'm so sorry, that is very traumatic. but i'm so glad she is ok and everything is good now. and congrats on the pregnancy!
aww beth! what a sweet little girl you've got there. from the mouth of babes.. take care of yourself, no more pole dancing ok? :)
Post a Comment