Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hyrum's Birthday

January 23rd was Hyrum's 31st birthday. He never got a car for his 16th birthday, so for his 31st he got...a convertible! That's right, a beautiful, fun convertible to take his hot wife out on dates in. :) He actually got it a couple weeks ago, but I am counting it as his big birthday present.


So the other present I was so proud of myself for is a curtain for our bedroom. Hyrum at times has to do 24 hour shifts, or work nights and then he comes home and sleeps. He really likes the room to be very dark, but we have a door to our back porch in our room that has a big window in it, and there wasn't really a way to make a curtain for it since it is a metal based door, so I didn't want to drill holes in it to put up a curtain rod. So, I thought I would make a magnetic curtain! I bought some really thick fabric that wouldn't let the light through, and sewed magnents into the sides. It totally works, and I was so excited! So it was a good birthday (plus I made the best chocolate cake ever which I ate 3/4 of. In fact, I'll post the recipe, because it is truely amazing! It is from my sister Rachel's mother in law who is an amazing cook and used to even cater.)

CHOCOLATE CAKE by Mom Blanchard
Mix:
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
½ cup baking cocoa
Add:
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 cup sour milk (1 cup milk with 1 T lemon juice mixed in)
1 cup oil
After all mixed, add:
1 cup boiling water
Mix until it is smooth. It will be pretty runny. Pour into 9x13 pan and cook at 350 for 40 minutes.
FROSTING TO GO WITH CAKE
1 cube margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
¼ cup baking cocoa
1 t vanilla
Enough evaporated milk to make it the desired consistency.

So to finish off Hyrum's birthday post, I decided to do one of those surveys about him so that you all can know a little more about this amazing man I was so priveleged to marry.

1. What time did he get up this morning? 5:55 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? He's given me both, so I'm not sure
3. What was the last film he saw at the cinema? Bedtime Stories
4. What is your favorite TV show? I don't have a TV
5. What did he have for breakfast? Probably a Carnation chocolate drink mix
6. What is his middle name? Ray
7. What is his favorite cuisine? Mexican
8. What foods does he dislike? raisins and squash
9. His favorite Potato chip? Barbecue
10. What is his favorite CD at the moment? We don't listen to CD's just playlists
11. What kind of car does he drive? BMW convertible
12. Favorite sandwich? BLT
13. What characteristics does he despise? Pecimism
14. Favorite item of clothing? Yellow suit
15. If he could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would he go? Uruguay?
16. What color is his bathroom? Blue, Red and yellow
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Whatever I buy for him :)
18. Where would he want to retire to? He wants to do missions as soon as he's retired, so everywhere!
19. Favorite time of day? When he gets home from work
20. Where was he born? Price, Utah
21. Favorite sport to watch? football
24. What laundry detergent does he use? Sam's club brand
25. Coke or Pepsi? He tries to avoid soda
26. Is he a morning person or night owl? Both
27. Does he have any pets? He wishes!
29. What did he want to be when he were little? a teacher
30. Favorite candy bar? Snickers apparently
31. What is his best childhood memory? Playing with his dog Keke
32. What are the different jobs he has had in his life? doctor, server at Olive Garden and the Lighthouse, soccer referee, certified nurses aid (aka, professional bum wiper)and quite a few more.
33. What color underwear is he wearing? white
34. Piercings? nope
35. Eye color? Beautiful blue
36. Ever been to Africa? no
37. Ever been toilet papering? I'm sure he has
38. Ever been in love so much it made you cry? hmmm, not that I can recall...
39. Been in a car accident? yes
40. Croutons or bacon bits? Bacon bits
41. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
42. Favorite restaurant? Trader Vic's
43. Favorite flower? I don't think he has one
44. Favorite ice cream? Blue Bell's dutch chocolate
45. Disney or warner brothers? Disney
46. Favorite fast food restaurant? Jim N Nicks
47. What color is his bedroom carpet? white speckled
48. How many times did he fail his driver's test? none
50. What store would he choose to max out his credit card? Deseret book
51. What does he do most often when he is bored? Play computer games
52. Bedtime? between 9 and 12
55. What is his favorite color? Yellow
56. Lake, Ocean or river? Ocean
57. How many tattoos does he have? 0

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! I want to go for a ride.

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Hyrum! I am drooling right now! You have a lot to live up to for Bethanys birthday now...