Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun Memories

I was going through some of our old pictures, and was looking at the pictures from our proposal and they were so cute, I thought I would share the pictures and the story of our proposal.

Hyrum and I were talking one day, and he asked me to come to his home for a date the next day. He told me I should dress up like a princess. Like any girl, I jumped at the idea of getting all dressed up!

Hyrum got dressed up as Lumier (sp?) from Beauty and the Beast and greeted me at his door with candles and a red carpet going up into the home.

And his princess arrived.

He brought me inside where "Be Our Guest" was playing on the stereo. He had set up and decorated the dining room with flowers, candles, and all sorts of things.

He then brought out a rose in a glass case with a light beneath it. He told me how he was like the Beast on Beauty and the Beast, and I was his rose that came and changed his life forever, or something like that. He took the glass case off and brought out the rose which was actually a ring box.

He got down on his knee and proposed...

And of course I said yes!

So there is our proposal story. I love when Hyrum does these cute and creative things that make me feel loved. Fun times!

3 comments:

ChristyLou said...

Your story made me cry! So sweet. I remember that we met you guys not too long later. You were a very cute newlywed couple! Thanks for sharing your sweet story. :)

Amy said...

yea! romantic guys are so much fun;-) I remember when john used to... (just kidding, he would still be romantic but i just roll my eyes at him, perhaps i need to work a bit harder...)

Chad said...

For some reason Hyrum's thinking has always included an animated feature. Good going buddy - I liked hearing how you got hitched (or started on the official road of getting hitched)
Fun story!
-chad