Sunday, October 21, 2007

Family Update

Samuel had his doctor's appointment this week, and it went great. He is now 11 lbs. 8 ounces, right on the 50% mark. His height is also on the 50% mark, so he is growing perfectly. He had to get shots which was very sad, but he handled it alright. And I htink the most exciting thing that happened this week was a garage sale we found! I know, kind of a funny thing to have be the most exciting part of the week. But we got a double stroller and tons of REALLY cute clothes, and also this butterfly play mat in the pictures. Cute huh? Then the most memorable thing this week would probably be stake conference. Hyrum was able to attend the session Saturday night and come back to report all he learned to me. There were some really great thoughts about parenting and how to bring our children to Christ. I'll just share with you 7 points I thought were great of the things we should teach our children while they are young. (They should know this by age 12) 1. Have courage 2. Respect self and others 3. Appreciate appropriate movies 4. Choose good friends 5. Word of Wisdom 6. Proper dating 7. Chastity. Then today we went, and I sang in the stake choir which was wonderful. Cami, our director is just awesome. And the conference itself was wonderful also. The theme for this year is walking with Christ, and our stake president gave us the literal challenge to walk more as a stake, and as we set aside a routine time to walk by ourselves, with our spouses and with our families we will be able to think and talk about how we can walk with Christ. It was a pretty cool challenge I thought. Ok, so this is way longer than I thought I would write. :) So here are some pictures to enjoy, and we hope you all have a wonderful week!




2 comments:

the sheldons said...

Isn't that the best when you find rockin' deals at garage sales!?! Good job! And can I just tell you that your children are beautiful? They are adorable.
I'm so glad that you and Hyrum are doing so well, and that you are so happy. Life is good!

oscar said...

Garage sales truly are the best. Not only do you get great deals but you get to rummage through it out in the fresh air. I love the picture of Samuel with his hands behind his head. He looks so grown up. How cute!
Yeah getting together would be lots of fun. We should get together soon.