HYRUM:
Set up a haunted maze at the church for our church activity the night before Halloween, and made it so spooky and awesome that kids came out crying. (Only a few, and they were really little. I know, it's sad, but I think it is a good sign of a good haunted maze.) The next night, Halloween, he made our front porch haunted, and a lot of kids wouldn't come up to our porch, even the older ones. Hyrum put sheets all around our porch so it was enclosed and put corn stalks from our garden all around the inside. Then he set up a fog machine, strobe light and some scary Halloween music. (By the end of the evening, it seemed like there was a cloud over our entire neighborhood from the fog machine.) Then he stood in the pitch black corner where nobody could see him in his scarecrow outfit. Then when they reached for the candy bowl he would jump out and scare them. I actually heard a 15 year old boy run from the house screaming. So Hyrum had a pretty fun Halloween.
BETHANY:
Got to put together all the costumes. I made Charity's dress a few months ago, but had to put together Hyrum's scarecrow costume, my witch costume, and sew wings onto Samuel's monkey costume to make him my flying monkey. It was a little stressful since I procrastinate things like that, but I think it turned out great, and I had fun walking around with my cute family!
CHARITY:
Might never be given sugar again. Just kidding. But seriously, only little bits at a time. She loved going door to door saying trick or treat, as long as they let her pick the treat herself out of the bowl. When they would hand it to her, she would scream in frustration. It was pretty hard not to laugh, but try to calm her and get her to say thank you. Understandably, we didn't stay out too long. :)
SAMUEL:
Was the cutest flying monkey you will ever see! He is such a good cute baby, and we love him so much! God sure has blessed us!
Well that's it for us. We have another crazy busy week scheduled ahead of us, and then we will be in Washington! Yeah!!


2 comments:
You did such a good job with the Halloween costumes for you and your family. How cute and clever that they all go together. I especially love the monkey with wings. Nice work. I liked your green face paint too. Charity made a great Dorothy and her red shoes are adorable. Sounds like Hyrum did a great job freaking the kids out (which I am sure they loved). I wanted to tell you Sunday that Sam looked cute in his VT outfit !
WOW! Bethany, you get a billon gold stars for putting those outfits together! You are quite the imaginative and talented seamstress! You guys look awesome in that picture of the 4 of you. You have such a cute little family. Are you guys going to go to the family reunion this upcoming summer?
Post a Comment