Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is Coming the Goose is Getting Fat

It has been a very Christmasy week!  There was a cookie exchange, a book club discussing the book Christmas Jars, a Christmas movie night at the elementary school, and two Christmas programs at school!  I got really cute videos of Samuel and Celeste's Christmas programs, but now for the life of me I can not find the cable that connects the camcorder to the computer!  So you will just have to imagine it: First was Celeste's program.  She came out with her beautiful red dress and gold bolero on.  Her hair has a beautiful braid down each side.  She came out with her 12 other classmates and with all her energy and volume she has, she sang and danced Go Tell it on the Mountain, then We wish you a Merry Christmas smiling her big smile the whole time.  She ended with a sweet bow and her time in the lime light for this program was done.  She came to sit with us as another class performed, and the woman in front of us was wearing a tubetup style dress.  Because we were sitting in pews you couldn't see her dress, so Celeste exclaimed upon sitting down, "Mom, she's naked!"  :)

After that program ended we headed over to Samuel's school for his program.  He looked rather dashing with his new haircut and his black and red sweater vest on.  And luckily they put him in the very front row!  (This was a group of all the kindergartners in his school, so  it was quite a large group.)  I guess there are some advantages to being smaller than everyone else.  :)  His first song was Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer complete with cute hand gestures.  Next was Up on the Rooftop followed by a weird reindeer song I had never heard before, but Samuel was still super cute singing it.  Then they sang an even weirder reindeer song.  "Here come the Reindeer" is the name (I am guessing).  Next was "Do You Know Blitzen."  Yeah, you get the reindeer theme yet?  And that completed our Christmas programs for this year.  One thing I was really excited about was the fact that Samuel did not suck his fingers once during the whole performance!  This is a huge improvement over last years Christmas concert.








I took this picture on a run this week.  I just love how beautiful it is here, and I love running next to the ocean!  I will have a very hard time if we move somewhere non-tropical next.













Celeste's birthday is over the Christmas break, so I brought cupcakes into her class this week.  It happened to be the day they were having pajama day, so it was a lot of fun.









I went to a little get together last night, and I can't remember the last time I had that much fun!  When you mix awesome people, yummy food, Just Dance 4 on the Xbox, and karaoke, it just can't get much better.  And watching the guys dancing to a One Direction song was fabulous.  The only way it could have been better would have been if Hyrum could have been there and he had really gotten into it too.  :)  I did put Just Dance on my wishlist on Amazon though, so maybe we will still have a chance to get Hyrum in on this action!    I wish I had a video or pictures to put up here, but I was lame and didn't get any.







In ending, here is a picture of how we do Christmas in Okinawa.  Yes, amazon.  Every time we go to the post office there are at least a couple packages waiting for us.  I will be sad when the season is over and there are no more packages to pick up.  I think the girls will be sad too.  They love carrying packages with me.






Okay, sorry, I know I said I was ending with that thought, but there is one more thing I want to say.  I haven't posted about this on facebook like a lot of other people have.  But I have really struggled with the new from yesterday.  To have a man go into an elementary school and kill over 20 people, most of them 6 or 7 years old is a real life nightmare.  I know I don't have adequate words, and I cannot even begin to comprehend what these families are going through.  But it scares me, and makes me wonder how I can protect my kids better, and reminds me to hold them a little closer.  Be patient with them and love their quirks instead of getting annoyed.  Because when they are pushing this keyboard around and swiveling my chair as I try to type this, it means they are here and safe.  I pray for those families affected, and pray more vigilantly about my own kids.  It is a scary world we live in, but I am grateful we have the gospel to give us direction, understanding  hope and peace.  


No comments: