Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun in the pool and a crazy day


I thought this picture of Charity and Hyrum was so cute. They sure have fun in the pool.

So today has been crazy! I wake up and am not feeling great to begin with. Then the toilet floods over and I don't realize it until it has totally flooded our bathroom, walk-in closet, bedroom, front entry way, Charity's room and is starting into the living room. So it's pretty crazy trying to get it all cleaned up. Then the realtor we are renting from right now calls and says someone is coming by in 40 minutes to look at the house. (He previously told us the only time he would show the house would be Friday afternoons.) So I was a bit frantic. We basically get everything cleaned up, and then I'm moving things off the counter in the bathroom where I put them to protect them from the water. I forgot I had put our glass scale beneath a suitcase, and when I went to move the suitcase, the scale came crashing down, shattering so much and so far that we actually found pieces in the toilet and in our bedroom. It also managed to cut my foot and leg which decided to bleed a lot. And to top it all off, the crash woke Samuel up early from his nap, and he was not very happy. That was about all I could take, so I just stood there in the middle of all the glass and cried. Luckily Hyrum was there and he cleaned it up, cleaned me up, and got Samuel. We also have friends visiting us right now, so they and me and the kids went out so we wouldn't be here when the people came to look at the house. The people were supposed to be here between 1 and 2. We are out trying to just let time pass, and eventually 2 rolls around, and we haven't heard from Hyrum yet who was supposed to call when the people left. We called him and found out the people were still not going to be there for 20 minutes, but the kids were hungry and tired, and I was still frazzled, so we decided to come home anyways and not worry about the people. They got there shortly after we got home, so we went outside so they could look around. They were in there for maybe 3 minutes, then came out and left. I promptly went inside, put Samuel down for a nap and crashed myself for an hour and a half. Bleh. Just one of those days.

2 comments:

Ashley C said...

Wow, the day from hell. I'm sorry!

nicole said...

Sorry about your crappy day! :( I can't believe how much went wrong! It totally seems like that around here too. When it rains it pours, I guess, huh?! Hope tomorrow will be better!