Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independance Day

How grateful I am to live in this wonderful country. Sure, we have our problems, but I love our freedoms and the lives we can live here. To celebrate our Independence Day, we went to a friends house for a wonderful barbecue and fireworks. I was surprised that Celeste did better with the fireworks than either of the other kids. She jumped occasionally, but didn't cry and was just entranced with them. Samuel would shake when the big ones would go off, but seemed to enjoy them also. Charity on the other hand doesn't like loud noises. So she quickly decided she didn't like the fireworks, even with the noise muffled by her little fingers in her ears. We overall had a blast though, and I was grateful to be able to talk to my kids about our wonderful country. Here are some fun photo's from the festivities.









3 comments:

Sarah-Olivia said...

Cute! Have you been loosing weight? Your face looks especially thin. You look great!

The Kodak Moments of our Life said...

Cute pictures! The one with you and Celeste is priceless! I love how your kids personalities come through so well in pictures. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!

Melanie said...

cute outfits on the kids! i love the 4th. your hair looks really good! i haven't seen it long in a while! good luck with the sugar-cutting!