Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Inhibition


As I was lying in bed last night, Charity comes to my door and stands there and looks at me. She smiles, squats real low, jumps real high, then lifts her chin and gives me the goofiest grin she can muster. It got me thinking, why can't we as adults do things like that? With no reason behind it, to just do something random that we feel like doing and to be able to just give huge smiles without having a reason besides just being happy, or just feeling like smiling. Maybe it's partly because I don't think I have half the energy Charity has. But my goal this week I think will be to lose my inhibition (at least in the privacy of my own home) and just take joy in being silly with my kids and family without feeling self conscious about it. And to smile more for no reason. I sure love kids and the insights they give you!

1 comment:

the sheldons said...

Precious babies. It's invigorating to just spaz our sometimes act crazy and not get a hoot who sees. It's what keeps me feeling alive. Go for it friend!